What are BB creams, you might ask? Ancient Korean secret! Except not really. It was created in 1967, in Germany, by Dr. Christine Schrammek as a product to help deal with scars. Thank you, Wikipedia!
It moved on to Korea at some point and has been a booming business there for quite some time. There are dozens of brands selling dozens of types. If you're looking for something, they've probably got it.
My first purchase was Etude House Precious Mineral All Day Strong SPF30/PA++ Sheer Silky Skin.
I love it. It's a bit heavy, but it's not horrible. Think the old school Covergirl liquid foundations in the glass bottles. The smell is pleasant to me and I'm a pain in the ass when it comes to smells.Not too far from my skin tone. It's pretty smooth. You just need to rub the crap out of it until it blends the way you want it to. If you have flaky skin anywhere, this is NOT your friend. Exfoliate and lotion before you get near it.
My most recent arrival was Skin79s Super + Beblesh Balm BB Triple Functions Whitening UV Protecting SPF25 PA++ Wrinkle Free.
Phew. Generally, everyone calls it the the pink Skin79.
I prefer the packaging for Skin79 more, simply because I end up with about half again what I need when I use the Etude House one. But, that's a motor skill problem with me and not a downfall for them. It's thicker, but goes on far more sheer. I'm doubtful that anyone but me can see where it is in the other picture, it's that sheer. I should mention that it feels like silk. I've never come across a foundation/cream/whatever that made me feel like I had the softest skin the world.
The both have their pros and cons, but those will change for different people. I have to be super cautious to take all the Etude House one off or my skin revolts. The smell from the Skin79 is a little... floral for me.
I have the Skin79 VIP Gold Label one in the mail, as well as a sampler that contains Super+ Beblesh Balm, Super+ Beblesh Balm Triple Function, The Prestige Beblesh Balm, Luminous Pearl Beblesh Balm, all from Skin79. I'm excited! But it appears they're coming by way of rowboat or something, so it might be a bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment