I really should measure things when I cook. This is a terrible habit. I just add things until it looks right.
-Handful of garlic cloves, cut in pieces (not minced, I'm lazy)
-Less than a tablespoon of gochugaru (Korean red pepper powder)
-Container of white mushrooms, sliced
-Two tablespoons (at least) of gochujang (Korean pepper paste)
-Two tablespoons of chunjang (Korean black bean paste)
-Container of tofu, cubed
-Little bit (enough to keep the pastes from being solid) of soju (rice wine vinegar, sake, anything liquid with a bite to it would work)
-Two teaspoons of sugar
Saute garlic in oil (I use whatever light-coloured oil I have on hand), add gochugaru, gochujang, chunjang, sugar, and mix. Add mushrooms and soju, and cook until mushrooms are soft. Add tofu and heat through. Serve on top of whatever type of starch you want. I used mashed potatoes because all I wanted in the world today was mashed potatoes.
Slightly spicy, slightly salty, incredibly filling.
No comments:
Post a Comment