Friday, March 16, 2012

It's taken me years and years, but I've finally figured out what my problem is: my thyroid is broken.

Now, thanks to one little pill, I don't have to lay under a pile of blankets or eat constantly to keep myself warm.  This means I eat a lot less now, which is a mixed blessing.  On one hand, I won't keep getting fatter and I actually feel like doing stuff (heck, I even went for a bike ride at some obscene pre-dawn hour today).  On the other hand, I don't get to eat like a madwoman and blame it on being cold.

I debated about taking a picture of tonight's dinner, but really, it looked like mush.

-Portabella mushrooms
-White onion slivers
-6oz can of tomato paste + 8oz of water
-Entire packet of Trader Joe's taco seasoning
-Can of chickpeas, drained
-Packet of instant rice, which is almost inedible on it's own
-Cheese

Saute onions, add mushrooms, chickpeas and follow the instructions on the sauce packet.  Add rice, top with cheese.

Surprisingly good for a "clean out the kitchen" meal.

Newest favourite thing: Chobani 0% Apple Cinnamon yogurt.  I didn't know this existed until fairly recently and only this weekend did I find it in a store (yay for Wegman's).  Chobani is my favourite Greek yogurt and, so far, the only one that doesn't make me sick to my stomach.  14g of protein?  Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment